With its Decision of 15th October 2021, the Council of Ministers approved the introduction of the Digital Nomad Visa Scheme in Cyprus, with a ceiling of 100 residence permits to be issued.
WHAT IS THE “CYPRUS DIGITAL NOMAD VISA
The “Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa” Scheme allows nationals from non-EU and non-EEA countries, who can perform their work location-independently using telecommunications technology, to reside temporarily in Cyprus and work for an employer registered abroad or perform work through telecommunications technology for companies or clients located abroad. The Scheme’s goal is to strengthen Cyprus as a centre for the provision of electronic services where, in combination with the other advantages offered by Cyprus, the attraction of digital nomads will contribute to the development of the business ecosystem and consequently to the
economic development of the country. The introduction of the “Cyprus Digital Nomad Visa Scheme” is included in the Strategy for
attracting businesses for Activities or/and Expansion of their Activities in Cyprus.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Non-EU or non-EEA nationals who:
• Can perform work remotely through telecommunications technology;
- Are employed in a company registered abroad, for which they can work location-independently, or are self-employed offering services remotely for clients located abroad;
- Can prove that they have a stable and sufficient monthly net income of at least €3,500
(after the deduction of contributions and taxes).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Individuals that are granted a Digital Nomad residence permit will benefit from the following:
• Right of residence for a year in Cyprus, with a possibility of renewal for a further two years.
• Right of residence for family members, for the same period as the Digital Nomad, without
the right to be employed or perform economic activity in Cyprus.
• If they reside in the Republic for one of more periods that in total exceed 183 days within
the same tax year, then they are considered tax residents of Cyprus, provided they are
not tax residents in any other country.
As part of our service offering, Exsus has a specialised immigration team that can provide custom-tailored assistance to individuals, by preparing and filing the Digital Nomad Visa application.
Ready to get started, send an interest mail to [email protected]